Differences Between Slot Machines and Fruit Machines
The Difference between Fruit Machines and Slot Machines
Many people do not realize that there is a difference between slot machines and fruit machines as they believe that they the same. In reality, a Fruit Machine is one of the many types of slot machines. Slot machines are games of luck, players will simply pull the lever or click spin, and the symbols on the reels will start to spin and they will be paid according to the combination of symbols they accomplish. On the other hand, fruit machines are games of skill, as players will take decisions through the variety of features that the fruit machine has to offer.
Slot machines usually offer reels with symbols and a simple spin button or a level. These reels and symbols can be virtual or mechanical. In the case of fruit machines, there are many buttons involved that control the features of the game. This includes the Nudge and Hold buttons as well as the cash ladder and the bonus board, which is also referred to as the bonus trail.
In most cases, fruit machines have 3 reels but they can have 4 or 5 reels sometimes and one single payline. As mentioned above there are some features that allow players to control the outcome of the game. These features include:
– Nudge: If this feature appears on any of the reels, it will allow players to nudge the specific reel to show the next symbol so they can try to form a winning combo.
-Hold: This feature will allow players to hold specific reels and spin the other reels so they can create a winning combo.
– Repeats: If this feature is active, it will let players repeat the previous hold or nudge feature.
– Cash Pots: This cash pot will show players the money collected during the bonus trail feature.
– The Cash Ladder: It shows what multiplier the player is on; the wins earned through bonus trail will be multiplied by that number.
– Bonus Trail: This bonus trail forms a trail of payoffs around the screen that players have a chance to win while spinning the reels.
– Gamble: This resembles the gamble feature at other casino games where players gamble their winnings to double them.
In the case of slot machines, they run on an RNG system that creates the randomness of the appearing symbols. There are many kinds of slot machines, other than fruit machines. These types are:
– Single line slots: These slots are classical, they have 1 payline and 3 reels. They can have a wild symbol and a jackpot but they do not usually offer great bonus features or rounds.
– Multi line slots: These slots offer more than one payline; some of them can offer 100 lines or up to 1024 ways to win.
– Progressive slots: They offer players the chance to hit highly rewarding jackpots that can reach millions. This is why these progressive slots are known for turning players into instant millionaires.